Tuesday, June 28, 2011

L.A. schools ban flavored milk from the menu

So, I'm guessing that if you are viewing this, you are probably going to think I am agreeing with this title, that I think it is a good idea, because I am trying to lose weight and all.
Let me tell you something, You Are Wrong.
As the title says, and this link shows ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43414471/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/la-schools-ban-flavored-milk-menu/ ), the schools in L.A. have banned flavored milk in their schools. This all started when some chef said something about it having the same amount of sugar as a candy bar.
The goal for this ban was to decrease the chances of obesity in the schools. I have seen responses to this, and they are all saying that it is a 'win' and it is an awesome thing. Fools.
I believe this is wrong because I do not believe it should be up to the school. It should be up to the tax-payers, who are, ummm..., the PARENTS!! They are the ONLY ones who should have any say over Their child's weight, unless it is the child themselves. I suppose the child's doctor could have a say in it themselves. I just feel that it is up to the family to make this decision, in any case. Like at my previous highschool, they decided to ban salt shakers. Notice something I said there? HIGHSCHOOL. I know, we weren't adults at the time, but we were old enough to make our own damn decision about our weight! The government/school/people outside of family Should Not have a say in this crap.

No comments: